In an ago where we are connected with Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Email, etc. I am finding it really hard to take time off from work. Yesterday I drove from VA to PA to visit with my parents. While spending time with my mom in the hospital I found myself checking email just to put out fires back at school. She didn't mind, luckily the pain meds and were keeping her pretty sleepy. But, I struggle with the balance between personal time and work time. I love what I do and I really love that I can take 5 minutes in a McDonalds wifi hotspot to catch up on email as well as remote into our system and trouble shoot a few little things back on campus.
Where should I draw the line? When should my iPhone be put in "Do Not Disturb" mode? Am I even capable of not checking email, or worse not replying to an email that is asking me to do something?
All good questions that I will have to figure out at some point. For now, it is time to jump back on the road to get home before the wonderful traffic of N. VA. gets too ugly.
No comments:
Post a Comment