![]() |
| http://www.148apps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ipad-app-numbers.png |
With the Sochi Olympics coming to an end I had the idea of introducing Numbers to the students by having them graph the number of medals each country won.
After sending an email to all the teachers in our lower school I was excited to hear from one of our teachers that she would love to use this lesson to wrap-up their study of the Olympics. The surprising part was that she teaches Kindergarten!
Could 5 and 6 year-olds really use Numbers? Much to my delight they didn't have any trouble.
We started with a simple exploration of the App, moved to entering data and practiced how to select cells, and finished students sharing what they noticed.
The lesson went so well, the teachers decided to use it more often and I even noticed them using it during morning work to graph data such as the number of boys and girls.
I would love to hear way you think Numbers could be used in the classroom. Feel free to leave a comment below or say hi on twitter. @scott_lieberman


No comments:
Post a Comment